Mainnet 2021 Covid Policies
We want to ensure that your Mainnet 2021 experience is as safe and fun as possible. With this in mind, hosting a live, in-person Mainnet was a calculated risk from a business perspective, but from a health perspective, it was a risk we only felt comfortable taking once COVID cases had begun to decline and vaccines became widely available.
Messari, alongside the Marriott Marquis, have been keeping a close eye on COVID data, new variants, and government restrictions, and we have decided to implement the following protocols in compliance with New York City’s COVID-19 mandates. As part of NYC’s guidelines individuals are required to be vaccinated to enter indoor spaces. As such, all Mainnet participants will be asked to show proof of vaccination per NYC law.
During the event, in accordance with the Marriott Marquis,
- All attendees will be required to wear their vaccination wrist band, provided to you upon check-in after you show your proof of vaccination
- Each attendee must check-in by themselves and show their proof of vaccination. You can not send someone else to do this for you
- Masks are not required
We will continue to closely monitor the situation as new information becomes available, but trust that our Mainnet attendees share our values: convene safely, with the goal of building relationships and learning from experts who are hellbent on building the Financial Internet and User-Owned Economy
Mainnet 2021 COVID Policy FAQ
Are all vaccination cards or types of vaccine proof accepted?
- All official vaccination cards from any country are accepted. All CDC & WHO-approved vaccines are accepted.
Do I need to have both shots from the 2-shot vaccines in order to attend?
- “Proof of vaccination”, as we have mentioned in our messaging, is defined as receipt of at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
What if I can’t get vaccinated due to health/religious, etc. reasons?
- Any person requesting access must show proof of vaccination, regardless of health, religious, etc. reasons.
Due to these restrictions, I would like to get a refund and not attend. How do I do this?
- Registrants that would like to have refunds issued will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org and specify their reason for a refund request.
How do I show my proof of vaccination?
- There will be a vaccine check station set up & managed by the Marriott on the 3rd floor. Attendees must show proof of vaccination and will be provided with a bracelet.
Can I pick up a bracelet for my colleagues if I have a photo of their vaccination card?
- No, each attendee must check in.